Monday 19 March 2012

The Pen is Mightier than Photoshop



What can be said about Gabriel Moreno? He is simply amazing! I am in love with this guy’s illustrations. He is most definitely a new favourite. I wish there was more information about him, but I’m having a lot of trouble finding anything other than his spectacular artwork.


The about section on his website (seen here) says that he is based out of Madrid, and graduated with a Fine Arts degree in 1998. However, it wasn’t until 2007 that he was picked up by Computer Arts, a popular magazine based in London, where he became globally renowned for his distinguishable style. Since then, his work has reportedly shown up in a number of places including many North American advertisements, newspapers, and magazines.


It looks like his preferable medium is pen on paper. I would love to see his artwork up close. I don’t think our computer screens do these illustrations any justice. He designs his artwork in large scale, and all we get to see is a downsized version of his talent.


This is the kind of artwork that inspires me. This is the stuff that makes me want to bust out some good ol’ pen and paper and start to draw again.

Thanks Mr. Moreno. Brilliance like yours is too few, and far between.

1 comment:

  1. These works made me think immediately of Arthur Rackham's work, whose work inspires me. Moreno's detail and whimsy is vey similar.

    ReplyDelete